Continued from page 1 here
Classic Tab usage scenarios
An individual may buy a Classic Tab licence to regain their 2003 levels of productivity
- because they are too busy to retrain,
- until they complete a busy period where there is no time to learn the new structure,
- because they need to work in Excel 2007 and Excel 2003, and the switching interfaces is a challenge without Classic Tab.
- to benefit from the clearer Data tab included in Classic Tab.
An organisation may license Classic Tab (multi user and site licences available please contact us)
- To ease tension around a migration,
- To demonstrate a desire to help key workers maintain productivity,
- To reduce retraining time, cost and effort,
- To minimise support costs.
Classic Tab compatibility
Classic Tab uses Microsoft approved technology to customise the ribbon. It does not use undocumented features or backdoors that may be removed in future versions or service packs. For this reason it is fully compatible with any other well behaved add-ins or workbooks with menus customisations. 2003 menu customisations are shown in the addins tab as usual in 2007.
Ribbon Command density
One of the complaints about the Excel 2007 Ribbon is the amount of space it takes up whilst seeming to offer few useful commands.
The Codematic Classic Tab fits more than double the number of useful commands into the same space: