Spreadsheet Design Concepts Series
Big Design Issues
- Project Scope - where does this system begin and end?
- Business needs - what are the actual needs driving this project? might they be addressed another way, eg by redesigning the business process?
- Security - what level and what types are required?
- Performance - what level of responsiveness? what volume of processing?
- Maintainability - fixing errors, adapting to business change
- Extensibility - adding new features, repurposing the systems to address other needs
- Availability - what proportion of the work week (or full 24/7 week) should the system be accessible and functional?
- Scalability - how will the system cope with increases in processing volumes, or increases in user numbers?
- Human factors - how will users adapt to the new system? how will the project team work together?
- Integration - how does this system fit in with other systems within and outwith the organisation?
- Methodologies - what development approach is to be followed?
25 January 2012 - UK Excel Developer Conference - London
Products for sale:
New information about the missing FileSearch feature in Office 2007 and details of our pragmatic solution (Current price GBP 30.00)
Instant Excel worksheet protection remover and password recovery (Current price GBP 15.00)
Classic Ribbon Tab
Add Excel 97/2000/2002/2003 compatible menu structure to Excel 2007
(Current Price GBP 10.00)
Products coming soon:
(Find and control external links in Excel Workbooks)
Due by Q1 2111.
(Excel VBA based spreadsheet auditing tool)
Due before the end of 2111.